Luke Danes, the "Coffee Angel"!
Luke serves Lorelai coffee nearly every day.
In fact, it possibly is every day, but Lorelai won't admit that.
Luke had a former love named Rachel. Lorelai "stole" Rachel's jacket out of the rummage sale pile that collected in her house. The pile almost ate Sookie, too.
A lot of watchers know that there's something going on between Lorelai and Luke. The only problem is, neither of them will admit it!
More facts about Luke:
Lorelai, in the pilot, refers to Luke as "an angel" after he serves her coffee.
- He nearly never wears a nice shirt.
- He nearly always wears a baseball cap - backwards!
- Luke serves the Gilmore gals just about every single meal they eat.
- Luke and Dean play on opposing baseball leagues.
- Luke understands that Lorelai often gets set up on really bad dates.
Lorelai: Four cheeseburgers, coffee, and an anvil please.
Luke: What's the anvil for?
Lorelai: For Rune. (She indicates her date.)
Luke: What's a Rune?
Lorelai: Please, not that question again.
- He believes that cell phones, red meat, and what Lorelai feeds Rory is all bad.
Luke: I can't bear to watch that. Rory, put down that cup of coffee. You don't want to grow up to be like your mother.
Rory: Too late.
Lorelai: Coffee, please, in a vat.
Rory: I'll have coffee, too, and chili fries.
Luke (sarcastically) My, what a refined palate you have!
Lorelai: Angel. You've got wings, baby.
But then again, Lorelai would probably refer to anyone who served her coffee as an angel.
Above: Luke and Lorelai have a confrontation.
It must be really bad if Lorelai's in her pajamas!
Go to the People Page.